Tuesday, June 5, 2012

learning to love.

I have always been told... "In order to truly love someone, you must first love yourself".

Lately this runs across my mind very often. I regularly wonder if I really love myself, and question if I am "ready" to love someone else.

Looking back at my life this past year, tears come to my eyes as I realize how much I have changed; how much I have grown. Sometimes I almost feel ashamed for measuring my worth, and progression based on the things of this world as opposed to my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I wish it didn't take countless sleepless nights and buckets of tears to realize and remember what I have known my entire life. He is proud of me, and he does love me. Therefore, I should feel the exact same way. He knows me. He knows my weaknesses, and through trying them he gives me opportunity to create strengths. That, I am grateful for.

Although I may wish I was 20 pounds lighter, three shades darker, and years further in my education... I would be foolish to measure the woman I have become based on such worldly accomplishments. I know I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ created me. He gave me a strong, healthy body that I am so grateful for. He blessed me with friends and family who love me for the dork I am. He trusts me. He has given me leaders who have taught me so much. He has placed, oh so perfectly, the people in my life. Especially this past year, I can honestly say, that every person in my life has been placed there for a specific reason, whether they know it or not. He sent me to Texas to gain some of the most important education I could possibly gather throughout this life. He put me here to become the woman I am to become.

At the temple tonight, with a prayer in my heart, I hoped to find answers. I left feeling amazing as usual, but still answerless. An hour ago I figured it out. I already knew the answer. His spirit was enough of a reminder for me. He does love me. I love me. He gave me, "me". For that I can't thank Him enough. This is just one step of my journey. The best part is...  He has already walked the path, and has left his footsteps for me to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment